Head chef, Matthew Hammond, is here to give you a few handy recipes that you can try at home!
Ingredients (serves 4)
4 x scampi
150ml white wine
1 clove garlic
250g fettucini pasta
1 bunch watercress
100g seaweed butter
50ml chilli oil
Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil for the pasta.
- Finely dice shallots and finely slice the garlic. Add the shallots and garlic to a pan and sweat slightly whilst adding in some salt and peppers.
- Add to the pan the white wine and bring it to simmer until wine reduces by about half.
- Cut and prepare your scampi and then place the scampi into the pan, flesh side down.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta into the pot of boiling water and cook.
- Once the scampi just begins to turn pink (just before it is cooked thoroughly), remove from the heat immediately.
- Stir in the seaweed butter to the scampi and mix.
- Once pasta has been cooked, add the pasta and watercress to the pan and toss all ingredients together.
- Taste, check the seasoning and add as requied.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and then serve in a bowl.